Kolonou 55-59, Athina 104 36, Greece
The dreamideamachine resident is the new art space of the international online art magazine www.dreamideamachine.com which in parallel is organizing and promoting contemporary art exhibitions, performances, talks, seminars and publications. dreamideamachine is Media Partner of: LISTE Art Fair (Basel, on Regular basis from 2016), Platforms Project (Athens, on Regular basis from 2020- ), Art Paris (Paris from 2016- ), Yia 2016, Art Cologne 2017 (Cologne), Art Madrid 2020 and JUSTMAD 2020 (Madrid) and continue…
Open Call for Winter/Spring 2020-2021
Residency period: 21 Dec 2020 -31 May 2021
Application deadline: January 31, 2021
dreamideamachine having organized performances in the Archeological Spaces of the Salamis Island the Summer of 2017, organizes now a series of online exhibitions, performances and texts focusing in the Archeological Spaces in the center of Athens and close to it. Athens and the surrounding areas are full of Archeological sites, which exist either in the city and the urban void, or in areas that are by the sea and are directly affected by the natural environment, like: The Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, The Temple of Aphaia at Aegina Island and of course the Fighters Tomb of the Naval Battle in Salamis Island. Areas located 50′-1:15’ from the City Center and easily accessible by public transport. All the projects will be presented at the online art magazine www.dreamideamachine.com after the end of every resident.
Applications from: Photographers, Video Artists, New Media Artists, Performers, Thinkers, Researchers, Writers and anyone who designs, builds and/or employs new interfaces or pre-existing interfaces in innovative ways.
This opportunity is open to all nationalities.
The dreamideamachine residency is based in a comfortable apartment in Metaxourgio in the Center of Athens.
In this area started in 2007 the Contemporary Art Platform ReMap Athens, have been made actions by Athens Biennale and documenta 17. From the residency within 5 min walk are accessible the Athens Municipal Art Gallery and the Contemporary Art Galleries: Rebecca Camhi and The Breeder. Also, is very easy to access Athens School of Fine Arts (ASFA) and Benaki Museum. Very close to resident (10-15 minute by foot) there are the Archeological sitess of: Acropolis, Keramikos (the most important cemetery of ancient Athens), Ancient Agora, Pnyx and the Shrine of Dionysos Eleuthereus, where Richard Long’s “Athens Slate Line” was shown by ΝΕΟΝ and the Archeological Museum of Athens in Summer 2020. Metaxourgio is the most interesting artistic and trendy upcoming area of Athens, very close to Monastiraki, the Ancient Agora, Plaka and of course with direct access to the Acropolis and Acropolis Museum (4 stops with the metro line Anthoupoli-Ellikiko).
The fully renovated apartment is spacious and airy and can accommodate 5 people, on the 2nd floor of one of the most interesting apartment buildings of the ’70s, with 3 different rooms to sleep and work. This period there is only one available room to accommodate one person and has large spacious wardrobes, plenty of light, with a small balcony, a wooden floor and an office to work in. The large spacious kitchen (shared) is fully equipped bright and you can prepare meals comfortably, also there is a spacious shared bathroom with washing machine and a shared W.C.
- After the end of the Resident, we will publish the works and the texts to our magazine www.dreamideamachine.com and will promote them to our social media (facebook, twitter, Instagram and youtube).
- We will make an interview from every participant that will be published at www.dreamideamachine.com in the new column that will be created especially for the resident/
- All the projects will be supported with Newsletters, Press Releases and Photos, that will be send to our international list (a choice of 8,000: artists, curators, collectors, art writers, galleries, foundations, institutions, museums, art schools, art fairs, biennials etc.).
- We can contact the participants with: artists, curators, institutions, foundations and art schools in Athens, if they wish.
Your application should include a way you would like to reimagine this project in a different medium or media. Examples might include (but of course feel free to propose your own idea!) We would also like to write us in which archeological site would you like to work and in which way, so if necessary to secure the corresponding permit.
The selection is made by a committee
Duration: 1 week to 3 months
Single Room: 300 Euro the first week,
Every Additional Week: 200 Euro
We ask participants to transfer a prior payment of 40% of the total Residency fee, per artist to hold the place in the program 7 days after receiving the official invitation letter. The remaining amount for participating in the program is due 14 days before the program starts.
In case of cancellation the participant can carry out the program at a time when the resident is free.
Tickets, Transport and Cost of Living or medical insurance costs are not included in the fee.
We give letters of support to selected artists who wish to apply for funding. We do not provide funding.
As a nonprofit organization we do not undertake to issue a travel visa.
Every application must include the following information in a word or PDF document:
- Full name of the applicant, postal address, phone, country, email address, web site(if available), profession, discipline.
- CV/Biography of the artist (non exceeding 200-250 words), Recent photograph and passport or Id photo
- A short statement (not exceeding 300 words, short description of the work or project.
- 8-10 Still images ( jpg form) of artworks with full captions, and free accessible web- links in case of performing works, film works/new technologies /video art.
More info & details: http://www.dreamideamachine.com/en/?page_id=62974