Petrohradská 13, 101 00 Praha 10-Vršovice, Czechia
Artist In Residence 2022
The resulting artistic outcomes of the residencies will be showcased in Jedna Dva Tři Gallery at the Petrohradská kolektiv complex. The main theme of the exhibition program for 2022 is Transformation, therefore we are asking ask the applicants to take this into account when applying with their projects.
Who are we looking for?
Residencies are intended mainly for artists with interests in creative sharing and participation in the field of Prague contemporary art scene.
What do we offer?
- Accommodation and a studio in the Petrohradská kolektiv complex
- Covering the travel and material costs (up to 200€)
- Technical support and consultation
- Exhibition in Jedna Dva Tři Gallery (or an alternative)
- Free entrance to all the events organized by Petrohradská kolektiv
The original idea behind Petrohradská kolektiv was to make a community space for creativity and art practice, where there’s a place for both efficient working and pleasant relaxing, where you can focus on your own projects and then take a break without the necessity of leaving the building.
Within the AiR we provide a technical support, promotion, and a curatorial assistance. Travel and material costs are covered up to a maximum of 200€.
We know that a convenient working environment is fundamental, therefore within the residency we provide a shared studio with a workshop with basic equipment with an area of 60 square meters, a photo/video studio, and a recording studio. Each project requires different technical equipment, therefore the technology needed is consulted with each artist individually.
Each participant gets a private room in a 3-room apartment with a common area, a kitchen, and a bathroom. The apartment is situated on the ground floor of the Petrohradská kolektiv building.
Petrohradská kolektiv organizes many cultural events within its complex. All of the residing artists get to attend these events for free.
Within the AiR program, which works in parallel with other events, there’s an opportunity of collaboration with artists and mentors from different cultural backgrounds. Thanks to that, our residents can actively participate in various programs of Petrohradská kolektiv.
Participation in the residential program requires communication skills in English or in Czech.
Each resident is obligated to prepare a final report of their stay including a photo documentation.
Participants of the AiR program of Petrohradská kolektiv are required to spend at least 75% of the duration of their stay in the place of the residency.
The stays include an author’s presentation (or its online equivalent) and an exhibition output or else.
The residency must be completed within the specified period and it is not possible to interrupt it.
Because of the current pandemic, the residency is conditioned by submitting a certificate of vaccination against Covid-19 and a certificate of testing for Covid-19 with a negative result. The costs of the vaccination and the test are not covered by Petrohradská kolektiv.
AiR 2022 will take place between April 15 – November 30 2022.
When applying, please let us know about your preferred dates.
The residency within the Artist in Residence program doesn’t require any fee paid by the resident. All costs of accommodation and equipment described above will be covered by Petrohradská kolektiv.
The duration of the residency is 4-6 weeks, when the participant is obliged to finish their project and prepare it for the presentation in a form of exhibition.
In the selection procedure, a maximum of 8 applicants will be selected to participate in the AiR program.
How to apply?
We accept applications for AiR 2022 from November 30 2021 till January 31 2022, 12:00 PM CET.
Please apply by submitting the filled form available on this website.
The selection will be made by a committee consisting of Petrohradská kolektiv members, external curators of Jedna Dva Tři Gallery and allied professional artists.
Results of the open call will be available on March 31 2022.
We’re kindly asking all the potential applicants to thoroughly read the PDF file with all needed information below.
* Each applicant can only submit one project.
* We also accept applications from artistic duos and collectives of more than 1 person. In the case of acceptance, the submitted application is considered one project, therefore the budget for such project will be the same as for projects submitted by individuals.
* Each applicant is the holder of an exclusive copyright and / or has obtained the consent of any other copyright owner to any submitted text, excerpt or portfolio image in accordance with all applicable national and international regulations. It guarantees that the (re) publication of any submitted textual or portfolio material will not infringe the rights of any third parties. The applicant unconditionally and irrevocably declares his responsibility for copyright and liability to third parties for all possible disputes of copyright infringement and will fully indemnify Petrohradská kolektiv for all resulting third party claims.
* By submitting your application in any form, you consent to and license Petrohradská kolektiv as a legal entity to use your name, text, drawing or design and represent your text, drawing or design in any media of Petrohradská kolektiv, anywhere in the world, without compensation or credit, for artistic, promotional and documentary purposes.
* By submitting the application, you agree to the processing of personal data (telephone number, email address, permanent residence, and other personal data) only for the purposes of the Open Call, in accordance with Czech legislation, Data Protection Act No. 101/2000 Coll. You also agree that you have read all the information about Petrohradská kolektiv’s Artist in Residence project, which you can find here.
Before submitting your application, please read the following:
In the application form you’ll be asked to enter following data:
Basic information: preferred date of residency, name, date and place of birth (used only for our internal administration), citizenship, email address, phone number, website.
- Name of your project
- Description of your project (max. 2500 characters)
- Detailed description of the concept of your project (max. 10MB)*
- Your portfolio (optional, max. 10MB)
- Agreement with terms and conditions
*The document with detailed description of of the concept of your project requires:
- Clear definition of your idea and what is your goal with this project
- Claiming of which phase is your project in according to your time plan and realization within your residency
- Presentation of the content and the form of your project. What is the relationship between the format of your project and the idea behind it?
- Outline of the main budgetary needs of your project, the production steps, and the necessary key materials
We are open to any art genres, forms, and fields, however, the idea of a sustainable collective future and cooperation is very important to us, therefore we expect projects that will be in line with it. When evaluating projects, the elaboration, reaction or reflection of the theme Transformation will be taken into account. As the residency includes publicly presented outputs in the forms of an artist talk and an exhibition, we invite applicants to think about possible forms of these outputs.
Candidates can start submitting their applications.Deadline for submitting the applications: January 31 2022
All applications must be submitted until noon 12:00PM CET.
Results of the selection procedure: March 31 2022
All selected applicants for AiR 2022 are informed via email.
Location: Petrohradská 13, 1010 00 Prague, Czech Republic