Korzo 28 51000 Rijeka Croatia
We are inviting visual and new media artists to submit their artwork for the exhibition program of the 8th Student International Film Festival.
For the last seven years, STIFF Festival has produced a rich accompanying program that elaborates and complements the thematic focus of its film program. With the emphasis on contemporary art practices, STIFF’s exhibition program gathers artists from all over the globe, dealing with relevant social, political, as well as intimate aspects of everyday life.
This year the festival is giving attention to the Body, and the exhibition program aims to explore socially relevant ways of interpreting the body in a contemporary environment saturated with images.
What is the relationship between a body and the moving image? Are we our bodies or is the body just merchandise we trade on the labor market and offer in intimate relationships? How to position ourselves in a world where objects move more freely than people?
When is our body an instrument of knowledge, interaction, and intimacy with the world, and when is it a space of discomfort and restriction? Do we allow our bodies to be playful?
We encourage a view of the body as productive and creative, the body as a process that changes its meaning and capacities depending on the context in which it resides.
As an accompanying festival program, the multimedia exhibition will aim to create a special sensory experience that will explore and enrich the subject of the body, challenging our ideas of corporeality and questioning the limits and the capacities of bodies through their constant and fluid interactions with the environment.
We are inviting artists to submit photographs, GIF animations, video art, or any other form of digital artwork (video games, websites, applications, etc.) that deal with the subject of the body in the broadest sense. We welcome various perspectives, from conceptual to intimate approaches.
The deadline for application is May 30th, 2021.
– submissions are made via google form on the link
– submitted artwork must be original
– one person can submit a maximum of two artworks or one artwork series
– the deadline for application is May 30th, 2021
– GIF animations must be looped in high resolution, profile H.264, minimal resolution 1920×1080, audio 16-bit resolution, stereo, 48000 Hz; up to 30 seconds of duration; with or without sound.
– Video art must be up to 5 minutes in duration, high resolution, profile H.264, minimal resolution 1920×1080, audio 16-bit resolution, stereo, 48000 Hz; with or without sound.
– Photography must be in minimal resolution 300 dpi
– Other digital work (video games, websites, applications, etc.) – no propositions
– Awards: no compensation; however, you retain ownership and will be credited for accepted work